Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh baby, Oh baby!



Four hands. 20 fingers.
Four feet. 20 toes.
Two little faces.
Two beating hearts.
Two perfect little girls. 


I've been carrying all this, and more, for 29 weeks; 206 days. It almost doesn't seem possible! Every week I learn something new, I grow, I change... This is my first pregnancy and as hard as it has been, I've tried to embrace every second of it.  

I found out we were expecting identical twins when I was only 8 weeks pregnant, and only because I was having a rough time with Hyperemesis. At first, seeing one heart beat flicker was like magic. My baby was really there, and they were ok! I couldn't believe what we had created.

Before I knew it, there were two heart's flickering on the screen... TWINS!? What!? Are you sure!? Que the giggle fit! In that instant, everything changed. Were they ok? Are they identical? How are we going to manage TWO? How are they going to FIT? I was living in my own little bubble, completely overwhelmed, nervous, elated and afraid.  

Nothing else mattered. Nothing else existed. 

I wanted to tell the world. I'M HAVING TWINS! 

Their first photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment