Tuesday, April 14, 2015

5 things to Love about Pregnancy



When exhaustion is at an all time high, when heartburn is radiating through my body and when I'm struggling to catch my breath, I try and remind myself of the beauty of pregnancy... It's there, I promise, it's just sometimes hiding under nausea! 

Here are 10 things to love about pregnancy.

1. Nanna Naps (or mumma to be naps).

The Spanish know where it's at... siesta's baby! Is there anything more satisfying than curling up on a winter's afternoon for a quick nap? I can nap anywhere these days!

2. Kicks!

When the flutters turn into rolls, and the rolls turn into kicks... It's such an amazing part of pregnancy, and women are so lucky to experience it! I read somewhere that when you're carrying twins, just like Newton's theory, every action causes a reaction! When one kicks, the other shifts, when one shifts and the other rolls... they may be fighting for room in there, but the movements are non stop! I know the differences between my girls now; I know where they're laying... It's almost as if I can predict little personality characteristics simply based on how they act now! Something that's even better than feeling the kicks, is watching your partners reaction when they get to feel the kicks for the first time too! 

3. The belly.

I LOVE my belly. I love my stretchmarks. I love seeing it grow. I love how its now nice and round. I love watching it move as my girls wiggle around. I love seeing my husbands reaction every single time he touches it... it's pretty amazing.

4. The friends you make.

Thanks to social media and 'birth groups' you never feel like you're experiencing pregnancy alone. I've been lucky enough to connect with over 200 (AMAZING) women who are experiencing exactly what I'm experiencing, when I'm experiencing it! I'm even luckier that out of those women, there are handful expecting twins too! We all found out around the same time, had our first scans around the same time, felt our first flutters, found out the gender... We've shared hilariously embarrassing stories, laughed and cried together, pulled together and supported each other through heart break and loss and made real connections... it's an incredible support network that I'm beyond grateful for. 

5. A doting partner

My husband, Brett, has always been the kind of guy to go above and beyond... not just for me, but for everyone he meets. He's a big guys with an even bigger heart. Over the last 29 weeks, we've had our fair share of up's and down's (thanks hormones), but as the hormone levels settled he's become my absolute life saver. He's given me a shoulder to cry on when I'm crying over nothing, he's always been there to hold my hair back, he lets me sleep in, brings me breakfast in bed, he's picked up extra chores around the house and he's forever letting me know how beautiful he thinks I look. I thank him every day for what he does, and in return, he thanks me... for carrying his babies. 

What is it about pregnancy that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment